Cardiac Optical Mapping has become an important fluorescence imaging technique in the study of electrical properties of multicellular cardiac preparations, especially in the investigation of cardiac arrhythmia mechanisms. It is applicable to the study of isolated hearts, intact cardiac tissue preparations, muscle slices and monolayers of pluripotent stem cell-derived or neonatal cardiac myocytes. Optical mapping is aided by the use of voltage-sensitive dyes that track changes in the potential difference across the cell membrane of cardiac myocytes, while fluorescence microscopy is used to image the propagation of electrical waves (using calcium indicators) throughout the heart. Because of its potential to generate information on electrophysiological properties with high spatiotemporal resolution, optical mapping is a popular experimental technique for investigating fundamental mechanisms that govern the electrical stability of the heart in health and disease.
Simultaneous recording of action potential and calcium transient from a Langendorff rabbit heart
The all-in-one commercial software OMapRecord/Scope by MappingLab is designed to help researchers to obtain high quality signals and analyze data in a most efficient way.
MappingLab offers the OMS-PCIE-1001, OMS-PCIE-1002 and OMS-PCIE-2002 systems, as well as customized systems. All optical mapping systems are suitable for simultaneous recording of potential and calcium fluorescence signals and can collect weak emitted light at wavelengths from 425 to 900 nm from a minimum pixel area of 6.5 x 6.5 µm with spatial resolutions ranging from 32 x 32 to 2048 x 2048. The CMOS cameras in our system offer 95% QE with extreme sensitivity and high frame rates.
- Programmable experimental operation
- Automated recording
- Optional resolution ranged from 32×32 to 2048×2048
- Programmable S1S2 stimulation protocol
- Save and set-up different configurations
- Simultaneously control light, stimulator, cameras and other connected equipment within 1µs
- User-friendly interface.
- Multi-analysis function including activation map, action potential duration, conduction time and velocity.
- Visualise analysed data.
- Equipped with online filters to improve data quality.
- Conveniently export data as video, Matlab, map and Excel format.