The Cardiac Electrical Mapping System is a powerful tool for studying the electrical properties of multicellular cardiac preparations. The system is designed to simultaneously record electrical activity and conduction information, including action potential initiation sites and frequency, conduction direction and velocity, conduction dispersion, repolarization dispersion, and QT interval dispersion from in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo experimental specimens. It is also compatible to monitor ventricular systolic pressure, coronary perfusion pressure, monophasic action potentials, myocardial tension, perfusion temperature when 6 or 16 additional channels are added to this system. Accurately locate abnormalities of sodium, potassium, and calcium currents through depolarization and repolarization behavior at the tissue level and help researchers understand the mechanism of cardiac arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and ventricular fibrillation. Efficiently test the effects of a new drug on cardiac parameters and assess cardiotoxicity. Screen anti-arrhythmic effects of new drugs.
Applicable hearts: Zebrafish, mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs, sheep, pigs, monkeys
Applicable tissues: cardiac slices and tissues, conductive tissues including sinoatrial node, atrioventricular node, Purkinje fibers as well as the whole heart in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo.
In vivo brain, brain slices, gastrointestinal tissues and uterus using suitable electrodes.
Our electrical mapping system is at work at the University of Oxford, UK. Two 64-channel multi-electrode arrays are placed on the left and right ventricles, respectively. The low-noise data is steadily acquired by EMapRecord and then analyzed by EMapScope software from MappingLab.
MappingLab Ltd provides EMS64-USB-1003, EMS128-PXI-1002 and EMS256-PXI-1001 system.
- Multi-electrode arrays with various layout
- Additional channels for simultaneously recording analogue signals such as ECG, MAP, pressure, tension force, temperature, etc
- +5V triggered TTL output
- USB CCD camera
- 12V DC power supply
- Compatible with EMS64-USB-1003, EMS128-PXI-1002 and EMS256-PXI-1001.
- Convenient to observe the position of electrode with a live camera in real time.
- Programmable selection of channels, gains and sampling rates.
- Easy to save and import relevant settings.
- Equipped with online digital filter.
- Flexible data stream management to save disk space.
- Easy to set up and operate.