Cardiac optical mapping has become an important technique using fluorescent-imaging technique in the study of the electrical properties of multicellular cardiac preparations, especially in terms of investigating the mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias. It is applicable to study isolated hearts, intact cardiac tissue preparations, muscle slice and monolayers of pluripotent stem-cell derived or neonatal cardiac myocytes. Optical mapping is assisted with use of voltage-sensitive dyes that track changes in the potential difference across the cell membrane of the cardiac myocytes whilst with fluorescent-microscopy to image the spread of electrical waves (using calcium indicators) throughout the heart. Due to its potential to generate high spatiotemporal resolution information on electrophysiological properties, optical mapping is a popular experimental technique which has been used to interrogate the fundamental mechanisms governing the electrical stability of the heart in health and disease.
Simultaneous recording of action potential and calcium transient from a Langendorff rabbit heart
The all-in-one commercial software OMapRecord/Scope by MappingLab is designed to help researchers to obtain high quality signals and analyze data in a most efficient way.
MappingLab Ltd provides OMS-PCIE-1001, OMS-PCIE-1002 and OMS-PCIE-2002 system as well as tailor- made systems. All optical mapping systems are suitable to record potential and calcium fluorescent signals simultaneously and can collect weak emitted lights at wavelength of 425 to 900 nm from a minimum 6.5 x 6.5 µm pixel area with the spatial resolution ranged from 32 x 32 to 2048 x 2048. The CMOS cameras in our system offer 95% QE with extreme sensitivity and high frame rates.
- Programmable experimental operation
- Automated recording
- Optional resolution ranged from 32×32 to 2048×2048
- Programmable S1S2 stimulation protocol
- Save and set-up different configurations
- Simultaneously control light, stimulator, cameras and other connected equipment within 1µs
- User-friendly interface.
- Multi-analysis function including activation map, action potential duration, conduction time and velocity.
- Visualise analysed data.
- Equipped with online filters to improve data quality.
- Conveniently export data as video, Matlab, map and Excel format.